Shop Now

Shop Now
Click to go to the Online Stampin' Up! shop

Wednesday 8 January 2014

What is Scrapbooking?

As you may be aware, during 2014 I'm running a scrapbooking class each month. It includes a kit and full instructions, it can be done on the night, where you also get use of a variety of Stampin up goodies or can be posted for those unable to make it.


But what is scrapbooking? 

Well, essentially, it's using pretty things to record memories, moments, milestones. 



Usually a scrapper would use photos to add impact but there are some great examples out there without any photos. Sometimes postcards, leaflets, letters or other paraphernalia are much more effective at capturing a moment or mood. The thing I love most about scrapbooking is there are no rules, you can use what you like, record anything and importantly it can be any size! I generally work in 12" square but 8" square is fast becoming quite a favorite too! In the past i've scrapped in A4, A5, A6, 8.5" by 11" (America's version of A4!) and squares in a variety of size. I've made whole albums of certain occasions, weddings, holidays, university but generally I scrap page by page. Working on what ever I fancy, fluttering between subjects, and then I just group the pages by years. 

In my latest page (shown above) I've used the Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper, with Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzazz Card. I used the hexagon punch and the apothecary art framelits. I also used the coastal cabana stampin write marker for my journaling, our rhinestones to add some detail and some stampin dimensionals to give the page depth. 

Finally, I stamped the title from this months selected stamps Yippee-Skippy




Remember if you order this set, in digitalwood or clear from me during January 2014 you get a free card making kit.

This months scrapbook class is on Friday 17th January 2014, in Wellington, Somerset at 7:30pm and costs £7. For more details, or to book, please get in touch.

Love Katy x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment